A set for jam consisting of a tray, a platter with a spoon, and six salad bowls with spoons. A tray with a slightly turned-up collar and a smooth mirror with an engraving in the middle “Babicka”, with traces of use. Round, polished platter with a large base, glass and a spoon. Salad bowls with the same shape as the platter, with glass, flat inserts and small spoons.
Silverplate and glass, sign Sandrik, mark 1918-1940.
Tray diameter 38 cm.
The set is in very good condition.
Sandrik company founded in 1895 in the village of Alsó-Hámor, located in the Kingdom of Hungary, then part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Initially, the name was “Szandrik”. After 1918, the area was incorporated into Czechoslovakia and the city changed its name to Hodruša-Hámre and the name of the company to Sandrik. In 1899, Jan Peterka (1871-1938), a designer and graduate of the Vienna School of Crafts, began working in Szandrik. According to the conditions of the city authorities of Budapest for the loan, the factory was to participate in the World Exhibition in Paris in 1900 with its own designs. Young Peterka fulfilled his task so effectively that the objects he designed were awarded a gold medal. For this success, 29-year-old Peterka took over the management of the factory. He remained in this post until 1929. The factory operated until World War II. After World War II, the company was nationalized and merged with the Czechoslovak company Bibus.
Średnica tacy 38 cm.